High Protein Vegan Breakfast options
Until recently, the protein was usually associated with animal products. Plant-based protein sources are finally getting the spotlight. These plant proteins can be used to create healthy and wholesome breakfast recipes. This meal can set the tone for your whole day.
Most breakfast meats are processed and salty. These high-protein, nutritious vegan breakfast recipes are a better alternative. These delicious meals are great for anyone trying to eat more vegetables or busy.
The Best Vegan Protein Sources For Breakfast
- Tofu – It has very little flavor and absorbs all the flavors around it.
- Tempeh – This light, nutty flavor is made from mildly fermented soybeans.
- Chickpeas- You can roast and make hummus from them or use chickpea gluten to make waffles and pancakes.
- Hemp Seeds – These can be easily added to smoothies and sprinkled on toast.
- Soy milk- You can add soy milk to smoothies, oatmeal, cereal, or morning coffee.
- Oats – Oatmeal is an excellent way to get protein into your diet. Add soymilk, nuts, seeds and almond butter to your oatmeal.
- Nut Butter- Nut butter can be added to smoothies, oatmeal and toast, pancakes, waffles, and even on toast.
- Chia Seeds – Add them to oatmeal, smoothies, and baked goods.
- Sprouted Grain Bread- Look for sprouted grains bread, such as Ezekiel bread, to make your morning toast.
High Protein Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Recipe 1: Peanut Butter Chia Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup rolled oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other plant milk)*
- 1/2 cup Filtered Water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla oil (optional).
- 1 ripe banana, mashed. (But leave a few banana coins as a topping!)
- 2 Tablespoons Protein Blend Powder + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Water (or any other nut butter to your liking)
- 1- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey for additional sweetness
- cacao nibs (optional)
- Coconut flakes
- Crushed almonds
- Sliced banana coins
- Sprinkles of cinnamon are a great idea!
- Mix oats and chia seeds with cinnamon in a mason container. Mix in the almond milk, water and vanilla. Add the mashed banana. Stir until combined.
- Mix the PB powder and water in a small bowl until smooth. Double the ingredients to get a peanut buttery taste! Stir the “peanut butter” mixture into a mason jar. You can add toppings either now or in the morning.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Enjoy the soup with a spoon.
Recipe 2: Vegan Quinoa Breakfast Frittata
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 1/4 oz mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled. Finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped and seeded
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
- 9 oz spinach or kale, stalks and bones removed from the kale, chopped
- 1 2/3 cups chickpea flour (gram bread)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pre cooked Quinoa or 3 tablespoons dried Quinoa according to package instructions
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Mix greens salad is optional.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Use parchment paper to line an 11-inch round pan.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Cook the mushrooms, onion, and pepper until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Cook the garlic, kale, or spinach leaves until they are wilted for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix the chickpea flour with olive oil and 1 1/2 cups of water in a large bowl to create a batter. Season the batter with a pinch of salt. Stir in the cooked vegetables, Quinoa, and parsley. Mix until combined. Bake the mixture in a lined pan for 18-20 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven, and let it cool on the cooling rack for five minutes. Slice into wedges and serve with a side salad or mixed greens.
NOTE: Chickpea flour batter behaves in the same manner as eggs that’s why it is one of the great breakfast option without eggs inclusion for vegetarians. You could make scrambled eggs-style dishes. The batter should be cooked in olive oil or vegan butter in a nonstick pan. Stir constantly. Add chopped parsley and chives to the batter and serve with a simple mixed green salad.
Recipe 3: Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Burrito
- Diced yellow or red onions
- Diced bell peppers
- Extra-firm tofu or firm tofu
- Large flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- Nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- Garlic powder
- chilli powder
- kidney beans
- diced potatoes
You can also plan to customize your burritos by adding ins such as:
- Vegan shredded cheese
- carrot bacon
- Vegan “sausage”
Quinoa is an excellent choice for more plant protein and healthy carbs.
- Cut a potato into small cubes and drizzle oil to add potatoes to your burrito, or enjoy them as a side dish. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 mins, depending on how long you roast them. Depending on how big your cubes are, you may need to roast them for longer or shorter times.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu into a large bowl.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. The bell peppers and onions can be cooked for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tofu and spices. To further “scramble” the tofu, use a spatula.
- You can now add leafy greens like spinach or kale. Raw greens can be cooked until they are tender. If you have cooked greens on hand, you can toss them in.
- Place a tortilla on a smooth surface. Layer a tortilla on a flat surface. Your preference and the size of your tortilla will determine the exact proportions. For example, we used more tofu than potatoes or kidney beans in our burritos. Don’t forget your extra add-ins, too.
- Fold the tortilla in half.
- Fold the tortilla in half and then fold it up.
- Roll the tortilla into a burrito by wrapping it in the middle and placing the fillings underneath it. You might need to fold in the sides.
- Serve salsa, guacamole or vegan sour milk or Mexican hash browns with it to make it more flavorful and complete meal.
Recipe 4: Vegan Apple Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or another vegan milk substitute
- 1/2 cup tofu (soft/silken)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples (chopped)
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil (more/less depending on the recipe)
- Get the ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until they are well combined. You can also chop the apples and blend the ingredients by hand.
- Gently fold the pecans.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto a light oil skillet or griddle. Cook for a few minutes until bubbles appear. Flip the skillet or griddle and cook on both sides until lightly golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe 5: Strawberry Breakfast Cake
- Oat Flour
- Almond Flour
- Chia Seeds
- Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
- Almond Extract
- Lemon Zest
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Juice
How to Make Strawberry Breakfast Cake?
Instructions for Breakfast Cake
- Preheat oven 350. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the oat flour with almond flour, chia seeds and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix in maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, almond extract and lemon zest. Stir until well combined. Finally, add strawberries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a fork is inserted into the middle of the cake.
- Let cool completely before you add frosting.
Strawberry Frosting Instructions
- After draining and rinsing the cashews, add them to a blender (preferably at high speed). Maple syrup, almond milk and 1/4 cup of strawberries are all you need. Add vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Blend the mixture until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of your blender. This usually takes about five minutes.
- Add the rest of the fresh diced strawberries to the bowl. You can use it immediately or let it cool in the refrigerator until you are ready.
These high-protein vegan breakfast options will help you get started in the morning and keep your energy up throughout the day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the three main reasons for eating a high-protein, healthy breakfast?
High-protein breakfasts have been shown to improve muscle health and support weight loss. They increase muscle mass, energy expenditure (calories burned), and glucose regulation. It also reduces the desire to snack late at night.
What can vegans eat when they have a high-protein day?
Tempeh and tofu, both soy-based proteins, contain significant amounts of protein. These foods are excellent for vegans. One cup of cooked tempeh contains 34 grams of protein, while one cup of tofu contains 24 grams.
Do you need a high-protein breakfast?
High-protein breakfasts can help curb appetite and satisfy cravings. These breakfasts may help you lose belly weight. The relationship between diet and belly fat is inverted. That means that the higher-quality protein you consume, the lower your belly fat.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.