Mango and jicama salad is a perfect blend of two-star ingredients: unripe mangoes and crunchy jicama.
The mangoes bring a sweet and tangy taste, while the jicama adds a refreshing crunch. Together, jicama and mango create a match made in salad heaven!
It can be a delightful addition to any summer barbecue, picnic, potluck, or tropical-themed party. All you need is a few simple ingredients, and you’ll have a delicious side dish or a healthy snack that your guests will love.
Mango and Jicama Salad: Nutritional Goodness on a Plate
Mangoes, the crowned jewels of this salad, bring a burst of flavor and a plethora of nutrients. They’re loaded with vitamins A and C, essential antioxidants that do wonders for your skin and immune system. Plus, they’re packed with dietary fiber, keeping your tummy happy and digestion on point.
Jicama, on the other hand, is low in calories but high in vitamin C and potassium, offering a nutrient-packed addition to the mix. This salad will keep you feeling good and energized.
The Dressing Delicacies
No salad is complete without a fabulous dressing, and this one doesn’t disappoint. The dressing’s star ingredients include tangy lime juice and a touch of honey for natural sweetness.
Add in the freshly grated ginger, a pinch of kosher salt, and a kick of ground chile pepper, and you’ve got yourself a symphony of flavors dancing on your palate.
As you assemble the jicama mango salad, you’ll witness a vibrant medley of colors and textures coming together.
Imagine the bright orange of the mangoes, the pale white of the jicama, and the cheerful orange of the carrots, all mingling with the green burst of cilantro and the nutty goodness of chopped peanuts. It’s a feast for the eyes before you take the first bite!
Mango and Jicama Salad
- Large Bowl
- 2 nos. mangoes (large unripe, peeled & sliced into matchsticks)
- 1/2 nos. jicama (peeled & sliced into matchsticks)
- 2 nos. carrots (medium-sized, peeled & shaved into strips with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 nos. limes (juiced)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp ginger (freshly grated)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt (a pinch)
- 1/4 tsp California chile pepper (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 tsp peanuts (chopped)
- In a large bowl, combine the thinly sliced mangoes, jicama, and carrots.
- Add the juice of 1 lime, honey, ginger, ground chile pepper (red pepper), and salt; stir well to combine.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more lime or salt if necessary.
- Add the cilantro and peanuts, stir, and serve in a salad bowl.
- Use a very firm mango, which should be easy to cut into matchstick slices.
- Grate ginger finely, or it will be too overpowering in the dressing.
- You can serve it with a drizzle of olive oil and garnish with cheese.
- This salad pairs well with grilled chicken or grilled fish.
- You can also put it on fish tacos or use it as a side salad.
- For added flavor, you can use red onion and bell pepper. Thinly slice both and mix with the salad.