Prepare your mandoline for some slicing and dicing action because we’re about to whip up a summer sensation!
This shaved fennel and melon salad is as cool as a dip in the ocean and requires zero heat to come together as a dish. Get ready to toss up a masterpiece in just minutes!
Toss up a wave of refreshment: Shaved fennel and melon salad
To make this amazing melon and fennel salad, slice that fennel bulb with precision, remove the stalks and core. Then, grab that cantaloupe, the rind, and seeds removed, and slice it thinly.
Now, for the dressing, mix together lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and honey in a small bowl. Season it with salt and pepper.
In a larger bowl, lightly toss the shaved fennel and melon with sliced jalapeno and chopped fresh mint leaves. Add the dressing and combine everything thoroughly.
To elevate the salad’s taste, top it off with crumbled feta cheese. This elegant yet straightforward dish serves four and is perfect for various occasions.
Revitalize your palate and recharge your health
This melon and shaved fennel salad is not only a delight for your taste buds but a powerhouse of health benefits too!
Packed with vitamin C, fiber, and potassium from fennel, it promotes digestion and reduces inflammation.
Melon is packed with vitamins A and C, giving your immune system and skin a boost. Plus, the zing of fresh mint helps with digestion and adds a cool twist.
So, enjoy this tasty goodness and give your body the nutrients it craves. It’s the kind of food that feels extra refreshing after indulging in corn dogs and fries at the county fair or munching on chips and guac on the couch.
SHAVED FENNEL AND MELON SALAD
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- kosher salt and black pepper (for seasoning)
- 1 nos. fennel bulb (medium, stalks & core removed, sliced very thin)
- 1/2 nos. cantaloupe (medium, peeled, sliced thin)
- 1 nos. Jalapeno (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (to crumble on top)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a larger bowl, lightly toss together the fennel, cantaloupe, jalapeno, and mint.
- Add the salad dressing and toss to combine.
- Top with feta cheese and serve.
- A mandoline does wonders for slicing the fennel and cantaloupe!
- Don’t limit yourself to just cantaloupe! Experiment with other sweet and juicy fruits like honeydew or peaches for a unique twist.
- Temper the heat levels of this salad by deseeding the jalapenos before adding it.
- For a completely different spice palette and an added sprinkle of color, try crushed red pepper flakes.
- The salad will stay fresh for up to 2 days, but it’s best enjoyed within 24 hours for optimal taste and texture.