Open-Faced Egg & Goat Cheese Sandwich

open-faced egg & goat cheese sandwich

When I get breakfast at a restaurant, I want EVERYTHING. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, french toast/pancakes. All of it.

This probably stems from my lack of motivation most mornings to make elaborate breakfasts at home. On Saturday OR Sunday (almost never both), I’ll make the whole shibang, sure.

Otherwise… there’s always oatmeal or something.

open-faced egg & goat cheese sandwich

Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite middle-ground breakfast. A little more involved than pouring hot water over oats, but definitely still a cinch.

So easy in fact, that you can complete it before your coffee is done – simply using the brain power you woke up with! Whoa!

four ingredient breakfast

Four ingredients. That’s what’s up.

Salt and pepper don’t count as ingredients, do they?

Well, either way. Still super easy. You ready?

Toast your bread.

Slather it with goat cheese.

Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dill (tarragon might also be nice).

toast with goat cheese and dill

Top with fried egg.

Win at life.

open-faced egg & goat cheese sandwich

Nutty bread, tangy cheese, fresh herbs, gooey egg. Goooood morning!

Open-Faced Egg & Goat Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients

• rustic bread, preferably with nuts, sliced thick
  • goat cheese, softened
  • fresh dill, torn in small pieces
  • 1 egg
  • kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper

Method

1. Toast a slice of bread. Spread generously with goat cheese, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a good pinch of fresh dill.
  2. Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and fry the egg to desired doneness, season with salt and pepper. Top the sandwich with the egg and more dill.

Yields

1 sandwich

Posted in: Bread, Breakfast & Brunch, Cheese & Dairy, Eggs, Mains, One-Pot Dish, Quick & Easy, Sandwiches, Vegetarian

Tags: ,

29 Responses to “Open-Faced Egg & Goat Cheese Sandwich”

1. I absolutely adore runny eggs and goat cheese is wonderful! This open faced sandwich is perfect for lunch alongside a nice fresh salad. Delicious! Hope you have fun this weekend! :)

2. Pennie says:

Delicious! Sometimes the simplest combinations are the most winning–love the nutty bread and fresh herbs. Can’t wait to try this!

3. Jenny says:

I share your enthusiasm for breakfast – if I ever stay in a hotel with a breakfast buffet I can be there for hours working my way through everything!

This looks like a really great start to the day – love the goats’ cheese.

4. This looks so good! That bread looks divine, goat cheese is one of our favourite cheeses, and runny is the only way to have your yolk! Fantastic recipe!

• brittany says:

Thanks! If you ever make your way to San Diego, you’ve gotta check out Bread & Cie – it’s the best bread in the city. I stock up every time I’m in town!

5. What a delicious breakfast sandwich. I must give it a try. I love the fact it is so easy and soo delicious:) Thanks for sharing!

6. cassie says:

This post makes me long for Star Trek technology that would instantly transport that to me via my computer screen. It looks incredibly yummy!

I’d love to know how you get such a perfect looking, over-medium egg! Also would like to know what kind of bread you used above.

• brittany says:

I wonder – if that technology existed, would we ever leave our computers? I know I wouldn’t!

Wanna know something funny? Here’s my secret to the perfect over-medium egg: set out to make an over-easy egg, get distracted setting up photography equipment and corralling your pug, then voila! – over-medium. But in all seriousness, the egg is always going to keep cooking for a minute after you take it off the heat, so when it looks over-easy in the pan it should be over-medium once it hits your plate.

The bread is the walnut scallion variety from Bread & Cie in San Diego (I love that this kind turns purple-ish for some reason). It’s bread heaven!

7. Janet says:

I have never been much for pancakes or waffles. Yes, they look delicious slathered in syrup but, for me, they just don’t measure up. Now *this* is a sandwich I can sink me teeth into! Thanks for making this non-pancake gal happy!

• brittany says:

My husband is the same way, so it’s almost always savory breakfasts in this house. I’m glad the savory-breakfast lovers approve! :)

8. cindy says:

Whenever we go to breakfast, I try to get Sean to order something savory (that I want) and I’ll order something sweet, so we can share and I win! ha!

fried egg sandwiches of all varieties are my go-to semi-fancy weekend breakfast. I love the fresh herbs here!

• brittany says:

Haha yes!!! That’s totally my strategy. In fact, I guess I’ve been overusing it since lately Josh will try to quietly decide on something and keep it a secret until we order! What the hell?!

I steal some anyway. The problem with his plan is that I like everything, so the joke is on him!

9. shusmita says:

Love this recipe. Only question I have is about the bread. What type of bread did you use here?

10. Can I just say what a relief to uncover somebody that genuinely understands what they are talking
    about over the internet. You certainly understand
    how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people ought to read this and
    understand this side of your story. I was surprised
    that you aren’t more popular since you most certainly have the gift.

11. This blog was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Kudos!

12. If you want to know the crystal clear details it is
    better to view just about any online store web sites explaining the actual product or service information using elements.

Adiphene the new weight loss formula is now available with the power
    of 11 different fat burners to boost weight loss. Adiphene Weight Loss Supplements Offers a
    Unique 25% Discount n select package fr Online B Worldwide If
    the online critiques are something to go by, Adiphene is an efficient weight-loss option.

13. Don’t let fat cost-free or perhaps gentle meals trick anyone; them usually comprise copious amounts connected with one more unhealthy element.

The huge distinction between Adiphene and Adipex is that Adiphene is a product that uses a sequence of
    natural and secure to use ingredients. There is a section to discuss the biggest loser show,
    specific diets, and much more.

14. You wont find Adiphene in your native pharmacy or some huge store like
    Walmart or Walgreens. Individuals who have underlying
    medical condition should also consult a physician before
    taking this diet pill. Indeed Adiphene weight reduction pill is the answer for those who always goes on food regimen however can’t endure the meals carving hunger
    and the irritability gave rise by dieting.

15. You’ll for certain do not have something to lose with
    Adiphene, thus for those that actually need to slim while not losing their time and power, then Adiphene is that the product for you.

There are hundreds to choose from, allowing you the choice of matching the type with your own health and fitness goals.
    Assuming that you aren’t a super-taught individual, you will have
    some major snags adding on control over your zealous urges towards consuming
    distinctive sustenances.

16. You wont find Adiphene in your native pharmacy or some huge store like Walmart or Walgreens.
    Adiphene the new weight loss formula is now available with the power of 11 different fat burners to boost weight loss.
    Adiphene Weight Loss Supplements Offers a Unique 25%
    Discount n select package fr Online B Worldwide If the online critiques are something to go
    by, Adiphene is an efficient weight-loss option.

17. Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you’re utilizing?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say
    this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a reasonable price?
    Kudos, I appreciate it!

18. You wont find Adiphene in your native pharmacy or some huge store like Walmart or Walgreens.

uses a sequence of natural and secure to use ingredients.
    Indeed Adiphene weight reduction pill is the answer for
    those who always goes on food regimen however can’t endure the meals carving hunger and the irritability gave rise by
    dieting.

19. Like vinyl, decal can be made use of for a large assortment of products.

You can have dumbbells from the range of about 5 to 110
    pounds all with one purchase (some can be found for as low as
    30 dollars). actually offers some of the same basic movements and in a little
    less time than what is needed to complete a workout in P90X.

20. The best way to take bodyweight off and keep it off is through
    diet, exercising aerobically and free weights education.
    Thus you’ll need being able to adjust extra weight 2.
    However, if strength, power, and muscle mass are one to your goals,
    then consider the Power Block Elite Set or even the Power Block Pro Rexan models.

Pingbacks

1. [...] meow cups, egg sandwich, paperless post, link bracelet, fox pouch, Sunday Best, shades tweet this / like this Leave a [...]

2. […] 2. garden tomatoes 3. tomatoes + ricotta 4. smashed berries 5. peach + prosciutto + ricotta 6. egg + goat cheese 7. arugula + ricotta + pomegranate 8. whipped feta + tomato 9. wild mushroom + cheese 10. pear + […]