When I get breakfast at a restaurant, I want EVERYTHING. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, french toast/pancakes. All of it.
This probably stems from my lack of motivation most mornings to make elaborate breakfasts at home. On Saturday OR Sunday (almost never both), I’ll make the whole shibang, sure.
Otherwise… there’s always oatmeal or something.
Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite middle-ground breakfast. A little more involved than pouring hot water over oats, but definitely still a cinch.
So easy in fact, that you can complete it before your coffee is done – simply using the brain power you woke up with! Whoa!
Four ingredients. That’s what’s up.
Salt and pepper don’t count as ingredients, do they?
Well, either way. Still super easy.Â You ready?
Toast your bread.
Slather it with goat cheese.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and dill (tarragon might also be nice).
Top with fried egg.
Win at life.
Nutty bread, tangy cheese, fresh herbs, gooey egg. Goooood morning!
Open-Faced Egg & Goat Cheese Sandwich
- rustic bread, preferably with nuts, sliced thick
- goat cheese, softened
- fresh dill, torn in small pieces
- 1 egg
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toast a slice of bread. Spread generously with goat cheese, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a good pinch of fresh dill.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of butter and fry the egg to desired doneness, season with salt and pepper. Top the sandwich with the egg and more dill.