Yogurt covered raisins recipe
Everyone likes to take yogurt covered raisins, especially children. It is a fun recipe. But most of the market-based Yogurt covered raisins recipes contain huge amounts of fat and sugar that can reduce the nutritional value. frozen raisin are quite good in itself and when wrapped with yogurt then it becomes delicious.
As per the research, the main ingredient of the recipe is 1/3 cup of yogurt that can be perfectly covered with raisins. It contains 190 calories, 7g fat and 20g sugar. So instead of buying a market based recipe, make it in your own kitchen which will have much higher nutritional value.
Recipe for yogurt covered raisins
These yogurt mixed raisins are always a most preferred and most demanded snack that can be enjoyed anytime. Raisins along with yogurt cream cheese are the main ingredients that are always used to make the fun recipe. The main process of preparing this recipe is extremely easy and quick.
So you need not invest a huge amount of time on it. But it takes time when you let the raisins dry for some time after coating it with yogurt mixture.
- Raisin—2 cups
- Yogurt cream cheese–8 oz
- Butter–1/4 cup
- Powdered sugar–6 cups
- Vanilla extract–11/2 teaspoon
How To prepare Yogurt Covered Raisins
- First you need to take a big saucepan, then add some water to it and place it in the oven to boil the water.
- After that you have to put the raisins in a quality steamer strainer & then place it over the hot boiling water. For steaming the raisin, you have to cover the pan for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Take another medium pan, and add some amount of butter & yogurt cream cheese to it. Place it over the stove on low heat. Thereafter Cook for a minimum of 5 minutes to melt the butter and wilt the tasty yogurt cheese. Then Whisk them for some time to make a heavy texture.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and then you should pour all the yogurt mixture in the bowl.
- After that you have to start adding 1 cup powdered sugar on the mixture and again stir the mixture to combine. You should mix until a creamy texture appears. Make sure to add a limited amount of sugar if the full mixture becomes dry.
- Then you have to add some vanilla extract to the mixture and stir it. Finally, you have to add the steamed raisins & coat them perfectly in the mixture of the yogurt.
- Now you need to pour the mixture on the waxed paper and then let yogurt covered raisins dry on a flat plate for 5 hours or overnight.
Now the delicious and tasty yogurt covered raisins are ready to serve.
Not just raisins, you can quote many more things with yogurt. You must try yogurt covered, cranberries, pretzels etc. You can coat different dried fruit variety with yogurt. if you use the yogurt like a dessert sauce, you can get many different options for the same.
some tips to keep in mind before starting:
- You can take this yogurt coating along with any type of food as a snack. But, there are various food items which go good with the recipe including pretzels, raisins, and cranberries.
- different food options that are covered with yogurt such as roasted nuts, fresh berries mixed in yogurt, oatmeal cookies, dried chips made with carrots and banana, figs, tasty dates, etc.
Tip: you can add some flavors such as butterscotch, vanilla, different spices, herbs, & cinnamon or nutmeg extracts etc. it can improve the taste of the recipe. you can also cover various different dry fruits of your choice with yogurt and serve to your kids.
Make Dried Yogurt Coating
- 1/2 teaspoon full Gelatin
- 1/4 cup thick Yogurt
- 2 cups Confectioner sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Step by step instruction of making the recipe:
- Take a large bowl, and then add some amount of gelatin in the water to mix it in water.
- Then take a big sized saucepan, place it on the stove and pour the thick yogurt on it. Cook it for few minutes
- After cooking for some minutes, you have to transfer the yogurt into the mixing bowl. Then add the powdered sugar along with pinch of salt to the mixture until it becomes thick.
- Then you should add food color to the mixing bowl.
- Now, you have to add 1/2 of the coating in the mixing bowl.
- You need to take them separately on different parchment paper for around 45 mins to make it dry.
- Again, pour the food into the bowl and add the other remaining part of the yogurt coating. After fixing it properly, leave it overnight to dry it.
- Finally, take an good quality airtight container, keep the rising on it and store them in your refrigerator. You can keep it for about 2 weeks.
FAQ for yogurt covered raisins
What Are Yogurt Covered Raisins Made Of?
If you want a delicious dessert, then nothing better than yogurt covered raisins. Flavorful yogurt and buttery raisins makes the recipe amazing that you want to take every day after taking one time. Yogurt cream, raisins, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract make the recipe really tasty.
It is extremely easy to prepare in your kitchen without any hassle.
How Do You Harden Yogurt?
If you think about the nutrition point then you can take the thin or runny yogurt. You must remember that homemade yogurt always works as a good probiotic. know more about freezing yogurt easily to serve later.
But some specific recipe need thick yogurt, the yogurt coated raisins is one of them. here some tips to make super thick yogurt at home:
- First boil the milk for a long time. You have to remember the longer duration can promote coagulation of protein, it helps to thick the yogurt.
- Then you need to add the dry milk powder to the milk before heating. That helps to increase the volume of milk protein so the yogurt becomes rich and thick.
- If the yogurt is Straining, the whey will be removed, resulting in thick yogurt.
- You have to increase the fat portion. The fat component always makes the yogurt thick and creamy. If you want to make it creamier, you can use pure cream.
- Use the thickener: you can use gelatin to make it thicker. Add the gelatin to the milk which can cause clumps. The expert usually advises to divide the large amount of milk into smaller parts.
Are Yogurt Covered Raisins Healthy?
Some people do not admit that the yogurt covered raisin is a healthy recipe, but it is not true. According to the expert, the yogurt covered raisins come under the healthy food options.
When these two ingredients are combined, but when it is combined, it gets an unnaturally sugary texture. At that time they don’t remain healthy.
If you look after the nutritional list, not as you cannot say it is unhealthy. The recipe contains 130 calories, 20% saturated fat, dietary fiber 4%, Sugar 19g, carbohydrate 7%, and sodium is 1%.
If you get this sweet dessert after lunch, it can fill your belly till dinner. So you have to be mindful while eating the dessert. Always check the nutrition value. If you are overweight, then you have to be careful.
Can toddlers eat yogurt raisins?
Yes, toddlers can eat the Yogurt-Covered Raisins as it is a fun recipe and it is also a healthy recipe that kids love to eat.
Oil and sugar is the main ingredient of yogurt, beside this it contains two tablespoons of saturated fat which is average for a 10-year-old. So it can be the best lunch box option.
Are yogurt covered raisins actually covered in yogurt?
These Yogurt-covered raisin snacks don’t contain much more yogurt as the name stated.
so you cannot say that yogurt covering is not the same thing as normal yogurt. In this recipe, there you may find a very small amount of yogurt powder. Beside this, the majority of the mixture contains stuff like sugar, palm kernel oil, stabilizers and also extra salt.
Can you eat yogurt covered raisins on keto?
Simple Truth is that you should avoid adding the Keto to the Yogurt Covered Raisins because the keto is very high in net carbs approx 73.33g of net carbs. You should limit your net carb consumption. You need to keep 20g – 30g per day if you want to stay in ketosis. try our maple frozen yogurt recipe to pair with frozen raisins for good taste.
What is the white stuff on raisins?
The formation of crystalline substances found on the raisins is actually an undesirable post-harvest phenomenon known as the ‘sugaring’. The crystals are commonly formed by the combination of natural grape sugars and acids which are a normal as well as essential component of all fresh and dried grapes and also non-sugared raisins.
How to personalize the Yogurt-covered raisin?
This yogurt-covered raisin is always a most preferred and most demanded snack that can be enjoyed anytime. To add your personal touch, you can add some flavoring such as vanilla, spices, herbs, and extract such as cinnamon, nutmeg, etc. it can enhance the taste of the recipe. It is one of the most demanded desserts that you can easily take after dinner.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.