Healthy Food recipes for Kids Growth
Being a mom the most frustrating task to find new healthy food recipes for kids.
Because kids are stubborn they always wish for pizza, burgers, etc in their plate. They even prefer not to drink milk.
So I am always curious about discovering new recipes which are not only tastier but also encourages the growth of my kids.
I still remember when I was in school, my diet is crap. Back that time my mom only cooks me some rice alongside tortilla (Chapati) which is not enough for me.
Also, I hate eating fruits which were the biggest mistake I ever did.
Due to the lack of nutrients, my weight is kind of less compared to other girls in my class.
But as soon as I grew up, I transform my awful diet into a healthy and nutritious diet.
Questions for you:
- Do your kids become bored of your dishes?
- Do you seek healthy recipes for your kids?
- How many calories should my kid consume in a day?
All questions related to this we are going to cover in this article.
First, I am going to reveal you food items which boost your kid’s growth. Then some joyous recipes you can prepare for your kids.
Right Food Items for your Kids Growth
- Lean beef
- Peanut butter
- Berries (Strawberries, cherries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Cow milk & Yogurt
- Light color fruits and vegetables
Super Yummy Recipes Kids will love
Before we bounce on recipes first you need to know how many calories should be appropriate for your kid.
You can calculate calories needs of your kid from here.
As kids are playful, they burn calories quickly than an adult. So it is good practice for increasing 1-2 servings in a day.
Healthy Food recipes for Kids
- Peanut & Yogurt Smoothie
Kids will love drinking it after returning home playing full day.
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
1 cup of fresh chocolate almond milk
1/4 peanut butter or any other nut butter according to kid desire
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
Topped with Oreo cookies mixture (optional)
- Pour milk, yogurt first in the blender or mixer in kitchen.
- Then add other ingredients except for Oreo cookies mixture.
- Add some ice cubes
- Run the blender for 1 minute until smooth.
- Topped with Oreo mixture.
- Serve your kid.
- Oatmeal & berries cookies
Well, there is a fact that kids generally enjoy having snack multiple times throughout a day instead of having a plate full of meal.
So why giving them market cookies which is lack of nutrients.
Instead, try these amazing health cookies recipes which help in the growth of the kid.
Calories: 1 cookie = 42
Serving: 12 cookies
Cooking time: 30 minutes (Prep = 15 + Cook = 15)
Method: Toaster oven
- 1/4 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cranberries, totally chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter, unsalted and melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup of oats
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup of wheat flour
- Take a bowl, add butter and sugar and whisk well.
- Add orange juice, egg white, vanilla extract and orange zest in the butter mixture. Whisk nicely.
- Add flour, salt, oats, cinnamon, soda and mix with the cranberries and make a dough.
- Refrigerate the bowl while you set up the toaster oven.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 F on the bake settings.
- Spread some oil over a baking sheet and lay on a baking pan.
- Drop out the dough on a baking pan and press with your hands to flatten.
- Make small balls of dough and spread over the baking pan.
- Close the door, and bake for around 15 minutes until cookies become browned on the bottom
- Let it sit for 5 minutes to cool down.
- Serve your naughty kids.
Note: This recipe can also be cook in other kitchen appliances like regular size oven or microwave.
- Salmon Recipe for those kids who dislike fish
Cooking time: 30 minutes (Prep = 10 + Cook = 20)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt & pepper
- 3 cups of cube size vegetables (bell peppers, asparagus, green beans, broccoli, courgettes)
- Preheat the toaster oven to 450 F
- Take a bowl to add soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar and stir properly.
- Make a small tray covered with foil paper
- Place the salmon over the tray and pour the mixture for marination for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, transfer all veggies with oil and seasoning to the baking pan and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer salmon on the baking tray and bake for 7 minutes
- After 7 minutes, transfer all veggies and salmon in one single tray and place under the grill for 5 minutes. Make sure to check in every two minutes that fish and veggies is not burnt.
Egg breakfast muffins
Bored of serving egg omelette daily to kids? Try this and surprise your little boy.
Servings: 12 muffins
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1 large cauliflower
- 5 beaten eggs
- 6 oz diced ham
- 1/2 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Preheat the toaster oven to 375 F
- Grate cauliflowers by using the food processor
- Transfer into a larger bowl. Drain out any excess water from cauliflowers using a paper towel.
- Add cheese, garlic, eggs and whisk furiously. Add ham, spinach, and onion and stir again.
- Take a muffin tray, spray some oil and fill each of the block about 1/3.
- Bake for 20 minutes until muffin color turns to light golden
In the end, I would like to say there are thousands of recipes you can find involving above food items. Try not to serve the same dish over and over again to the kids. They are fed up quickly and always demands new so serve Healthy Food recipes for Kids with new twists too make your kids happy.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.