Roasted Grape Panzanella Salad
Do you ever find yourself thinking, “Oh yeah! I forgot how much I love (insert random thing here)!” Roasted Grape Panzanella Salad made with love is one of my favorite to hare with family and friends and have good time with them at home.
I do this quite often. It could be the random article of clothing that got stuffed in the back of the closet, a book I read halfway through before getting distracted… It happens. But for me it mostly happens with food. On the never-ending quest for new ingredients, techniques and flavors, some of them inevitably get left in the dust.
Today I’m resurrecting one of my forgotten loves from last year: roasted grapes!
If you haven’t had roasted grapes before, don’t run away from your computer screen just yet! Think about this. Roasting any vegetable – or fruit – brings out its natural sweetness, gives it depth of flavor, makes it more… awesome.
So why not apply this logic to grapes?!
And since we have the oven on, why not toast up some bread and make a panzanella salad?
It’s mid year again, after all. Let’s step up our salad game.
As what’s-his-face would’ve said: stop having a boring salad, stop having a boring life!
ROASTED GRAPE PANZANELLA SALAD RECIPE
If you don’t have stale bread, you can just toast it a few minutes longer.
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, removed from stem
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cubed (1″) stale rustic bread (about 6 ounces)
- 1 small head fennel, cored and very thinly sliced
- 2 cups (loosely packed) arugula
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put grapes on a sheet pan along with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt and a little pepper. Toss to coat and roast until the grapes are wrinkled and a little deflated, but not completely raisin-like. This could take anywhere from 10-20 minutes depending on the grapes you’re using so keep an eye on them!
- On a separate sheet pan, toss the cubed bread with a tablespoon of oil, and a little salt & pepper. Bake for 5-8 minutes, until the bread is completely dried out and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile make the dressing: whisk together the red wine vinegar, sage, honey and 1/4 cup olive oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper. When the grapes and bread come out of the oven, toss them together in a large bowl with the fennel, arugula and enough dressing to coat well.
ingredients used in this Roasted Grape Panzanella Salad recipe like arugula, grapes home made fresh bread etc. are quite healthy for our body and would make you fit, so you can make and try this salad recipe without any 2nd thought as its easy to make in less time and would fill your tummy without adding too much calories to your system.
do share your thoughts and feedback for this grape panzanella recipe after you make it at home and enjoy with your family members. let me know how much they like it in comments section below. you can pair it with strawberry drink for overall great experience.
I am a kitchen expert and connoisseur of food with decades of cooking experience who loves to cook a variety of scrumptious food item to awaken the taste buds of people who eat my food. I know a lot about kitchen utensils and appliances and here to share my years of knowledge about the best kitchen products with you.
With his gumption, alacrity along with astute acumen to pick the authentic and best quality ingredients from across the world to make the scrumptious recipes which soothes the taste buds of eater has made him the name on which people can count on when it comes to cooking advice, world class meals and cuisines native to the different cities of world.
His unique ability improvise and make dishes with different raw produce and ingredients in less time which are delicious and relished by the guests has made Tushar leader in the arena of cooking.